The Courser & Wallace Chronicles, Volume I
A Crossing in the Woods
When two worlds collide, both of them tremble.
In the first instalment of this epic trilogy, discover the world of Myros through the eyes of an Earthling and re-discover Earth through the eyes of a Myrosian in this fantasy thriller.
What People are Saying
“Could hardly put it down”
“Opened up a new world”
Learn more about the fantastic provinces and culture of Myros.
About the Author
J. R. McConnery is a paediatrician by day (and often by night), and a writer by night (and often by day). He lives in Toronto, Ontario with his wife, Cara. When he isn’t dancing around sneezing children or writing, he likes reading, photography, and following politics.
A Crossing in the Woods is the first of three novels in the The Courser and Wallace Chronicles. The second book, A Fear of All Defiance, is due out mid-2020.
- OtOoI GlossaryA glossary of terms explored in On The Origin of Investing, a series on saving and investing for retirement.
- OtOoI Ch. 5: Investment StrategiesNow that you have funded your investment accounts with hard earned savings (and plan to keep funding it with ongoing savings, right?!), it’s time to decide how you want to deploy that money to beat inflation.
- OtOoI Ch. 4: Where to SaveToday, we will talk about where to put your money when you decide it is time to start saving for retirement. This will be from a uniquely Canadian perspective, as we discuss the various accounts available only in Canada. Some principles, however, are universal.
- OtOoI Ch. 3: Preparing Your Mind to InvestNow that we understand the basics, I’d like to take a moment to explore more about how we invest, from a psychological standpoint. Before you put your money in the ring, you need to have a better understanding of who you are as an investor.
- OtOoI Ch. 2: Fine, I’ll Invest. What Do I Need to Know?The environment we are investing in is not your community. It is not your current circumstances. It is not even the economy. The environment we are investing in is the whole world, and everything that happens within it has an impact on what happens to the dollars we deploy.